Take a look at a few of the stories from Spark’s current users, why they chose Spark and what they achieved using Spark.
St Luke’s Hospice Plymouth is an independent charity providing specialist care and support to people with progressive life-limiting illnesses in South West Devon and East Cornwall. They were awarded an outstanding rating by the Care Quality Commission in October last year.
- One person responsible for quality and compliance data
- Reliance on reports across the organisation but no awareness of data collection and input
- Lack of staff responsibility for quality ad audit
- Barriers to collecting information for PIR
- Limited transparency around processes
We went to show St Luke’s how Spark could help them over come these issues. We knew that Spark could help them to make improvements and keep their outstanding service rating from the CQC. Spark was introduced to the management team and they were the first to get on board.
Achievements so far
- Used in all review meetings to make decisions from live data
- New areas for improvement have been easily identified
- Departments are actively making changes between meetings
- More staff involved in the quality and compliance processes
- Staff actively adding to PIR evidence without being prompted
St Luke’s are feeling optimistic about their future with Spark, “It’s going to shift the culture of the organisation, we’re seeing real change. The system is influencing a positive cycle of improvement, empowerment and motivation.”
The DOVE Project are a leading care and support organisation based in the South West. They have over 20 years’ experience in providing person centered support and care packages for people with a range of needs.
When we got in touch with Paul he was very interested in the being able to complete work for more than one site in on place. Even though he has a primary location, he also provides support across a number of services.
Paul immediately loved the incident trackers they looked so much nicer than a spreadsheet, were easier to use and anyone could log in and report an incident simultaneously.
Achievements so far
- Completed the Quality Assessment
- Submitted a PIR in less than half an hour
- Saved time using data from Spark for management reports
Paul is aiming to use the incident tracker more across multiple services over the coming months. He is also looking forward to his inspection to show them his new system.